A bunch of Tesla house owners in Norway claims they’re going on a starvation strike to get Elon Musk’s consideration a few lengthy collection of issues they declare to have with their automobiles.
Nevertheless, it seems like there could be one other motive.
Elon Musk was simply in Norway earlier this to attend an power convention, and he stated it was additionally to “present his appreciation for the Norwegian folks’s adoption of electrical automobiles.”
Norway is certainly adopting electrical automobiles at a better charge than some other nation, and it is usually Tesla’s largest market per capita.
Whereas profitable, Tesla’s foray into Norway hasn’t been with out points.
The automaker’s speedy progress in deliveries within the nation couldn’t match its service enlargement, which led to main service wait occasions that Musk personally acknowledged.
Moreover, some Norwegian house owners additionally sued Tesla via a shopper safety company, and Tesla was discovered responsible of throttling charging pace and requested to pay $16,000 to 1000’s of householders.
Now there’s one other group of “dissatisfied Norwegian Tesla house owners,” they usually declare to be occurring a starvation strike to get Musk’s consideration:
They wrote on their web site:
We’re a gaggle of dissatisfied Norwegian Tesla house owners. We imagine that if Elon Musk is made conscious of our troubles, he’ll remedy the state of affairs. Please assist us get his consideration.
They’ve a really lengthy listing of complaints – most of that are recognized points which have gotten some consideration previously and have largely been fastened, however there are undoubtedly some that may nonetheless happen:
- The automobile received’t begin in chilly climate
- Door handles received’t open in chilly climate
- Intense squeaking noise
- Automotive received’t begin in heat climate
- “Bubbles” in seats
- Free entrance seat
- Trunk lid full of rain water
- Autopilot doesn’t work correctly
- Web is gradual and doesn’t work because it should
- The wipers don’t work (effectively sufficient)
- The automobile creaks whenever you move pace bumps and different bumps within the highway
- Ornamental moldings loosen
- The lights don’t work correctly
- The doorways cease working correctly
- Doorways that open by themselves
- The pc doesn’t work
- Yellow edges across the show screens
- Home windows that don’t shut utterly
- Techniques reset on their very own
- Issues charging
- Lowered energy
- Rust issues on new vehicles (particularly Mannequin 3)
- Poor paint high quality signifies that the automobile needs to be repainted
- You had been promised free charging all through the automobile’s lifetime, however the brand new charging stations don’t match the automobile
- Decrease battery life that Tesla claims
- Issues with the air conditioner
- Not all issues are solved when the automobile is serviced
- Tesla promise to contact you, however you don’t hear from them
- You need to wait on the telephone for a very long time earlier than Tesla solutions
Now the group of householders claims that they’re going on a starvation strike to get Musk’s consideration with a purpose to repair these points, nevertheless, Electrek discovered a hyperlink on their web site to Bilklager, which seems to be a authorized service that “helps automobile house owners declare reputable compensation when they’re affected by errors, fraud and issues.”
The service claims that it may gather the cash for the earlier battery capability and charging throttling challenge through which Norway’s shopper safety company discovered Tesla to be at fault.
It seems just like the “starvation strike” could be a advertising effort to get Tesla house owners to make use of their providers for this challenge and doubtlessly join different group claims in opposition to Tesla.
Let’s see how lengthy the starvation strike lasts…
FTC: We use earnings incomes auto affiliate hyperlinks. Extra.
Subscribe to Electrek on YouTube for unique movies and subscribe to the podcast.